New England Cichlid Association Cichlid Show
4 Classes/ 30 entries
As of February 13, there are NO more 20 gallon tanks or "bring your own tank" space available for 20 gallon tanks in the show!
As of February 28, there are only nine 10-gallon tanks left and only 9 entries left!
Class 1: North/Central America
Class 2: South America
Class 3:Africa Rift Lake
Class 4:Africa Non-rift Lake, Madagascar, and Asia
Awards will be given for First, Second, and Third places in each class.
Choose the class and tank size from the drop-down menu. Put the Genus and species name of your entry in the text box titled "species".
2018 NEC CICHLID SHOW RULES
1. There are four classes:
Class 1. North/Central America
Class 2. South America
Class 3. Africa Rift Lake
Class 4. Africa Non-Rift Lake, Madagascar and Asia
2. Certificates will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each class, and the Best of Show, Reserve Best of Show, and People’s Choice.
3. You must be an attendee of the convention to enter the show.
4. The cichlid show is limited to 30 total entries on a first-come first-served basis. You may enter as may fish as you like, depending on how many entry slots are left.
5. NECA will provide (24) 10-gallon tanks and (6) 20-gallon tanks. You may bring up one 29-gallon tanks for large fish if space allows. Please email NECConvention@northeastcouncil.org if you wish to bring a 29-gallon tank and inquire if there is space.
6. Each tank will include a sponge filter. Heaters will not be provided. The room will be heated to 76 degrees. You may bring your own heater. NECA will provide extension cords and power strips.
7. Each entry is $5. Make payment with your registration on-line at northeastcouncil.org under Convention Registration before the deadline of February 24, 2018. Once at the show registration section, enter the class, number of entries, tank size, and species (scientific name or common name). If your number of entries exceeds the number of slots that are left, you will be notified- Reminder: there are only 30 entries for the show!
To sponsor a speaker at this year's convention, please choose the speaker's name from the drop-down menu.
Your club or company will receive online recognition on the speaker's page, in the convention booklet, and during the introduction of the speaker at each of his/her presentations at the convention.
The NEC looks forward to welcoming you to their 43rd Annual Convention being held at the Sheraton Hartford South Hotel in Rocky Hill, CT. The hotel has undergone extensive updating, the facility offers free wireless internet throughout, enclosed indoor heated pool and excercise room, recently remodeled sleeping rooms, and spacious convention facilities, all at an affordable price. Up to four individuals may occupy the same room at no additional 'per person' charge!
Sheraton Hartford South
|IFGA Meeting and Auction - Convention 2018|
|Hospitality Room Sponsor|
|Purchasing of Vendor Tables|
|Sunday Auction Rules|
|Guppy Show Rules 2018|
|Registration Form 2018 Convention|
|Sunday Auction Vendor Form PDF format|